2019 GMM Was a Resounding Success!
Once again, approximately 1,400 fund industry leaders attended the Investment Company Institute’s premier conference event, featuring:
- ICI’s 61st Annual General Membership Meeting
- ICI’s Mutual Fund Compliance Programs Conference
- ICI’s Operations and Technology Conference
- IDC’s Fund Directors Workshop
Attendees benefitted from a wide variety of sessions, featuring such speakers as:
- Kelley Conway, managing director of Accenture Financial Services Technology Advisory
- Frank Cooper III, senior managing director and global chief marketing officer of BlackRock
- Sarah Ketterer, CEO and cofounder of Causeway Capital Management
- Joseph C. Tsai, cofounder and executive vice chairman of Alibaba Group
A few highlights from GMM and its three featured conferences include:
- Jay Clayton, chairman of the US Securities and Exchange Commission, who engaged in a timely conversation with ICI President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens;
- Yie-Hsin Hung, CEO of New York Life Investment Management and chair of the GMM Planning Committee, who addressed how investment trends and technology are shaping the fund industry;
- George Gatch, chairman of the Investment Company Institute and CEO, Global Funds Management, for JP Morgan Asset Management, who explored the global future of the fund industry.
The three-day program’s offering of informative sessions was complemented by ample opportunities to network, as well as great food and entertainment. So many opportunities to learn and connect helped to once again make this annual event a great success.
We look forward to seeing you next year!